Sunday, August 23, 2015

Mauna Kea Sunset - Big Island Hawaii

I was all settled in last evening, for a well deserved rest on the couch, when Andrew came in, and told me to go look out the kitchen window. This is what I saw, so I bolted out the door, to get my camera out of my shop, and snap off a couple of quick pictures, before the light changed.

I love the fact that we have a view of Mauna Kea, from the windows in our kitchen, and dining room. Last nights sunset, was truly the most glorious one I have seen, since we moved here. 

If you look real close, you can just see the observatories, at the top of the mountain. The cloud formation at one point, looked almost like an eruption.

The sky was so lit up, it looked like it was on fire, and the camera, tho a good one, still does not do it justice.
I hope you enjoy these, as much as I did taking them.


No comments: