Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Study In Black & White

Among my other sketch papers, to my surprise, I had stashed the only art I have from my days in high school. Who would have thought it?! I took one class in art during my senior year in high school, 1978, and don't remember much about it, other than it was more of an arts and crafts class, taught by the same person who taught all of my sewing classes.

If you are interested in trying this, these were all made by simply using black craft paper on a white sheet of typing paper. I'm sure this would be a fun craft to do with kids too. Just make the cut-outs from the black paper as mirror images or slide-outs and arrange them on the white paper to make interesting effects.
Glue the black paper cut-outs in place and there you have it, an interesting study in black on white. You could even try using colored papers too. Just let your imagination fly!

                                         




No comments: