Thursday, March 16, 2017

More Art From The Past

Sometimes it is good to have a blast from the past, or at least it was a laugh for me to see this old stuff. I was 18 - 20 when I did this group and tho I was never destined to be an artist of pencil or ink, yet it gave me many hours of entertainment. I was inspired by many things to do it, be it a tiny illustration in an old magazine, or an article with picture's in the newspaper. Some came just off the top of my head, if I had an idea on something or wanted to design a doll or other funny creature. That I didn't really keep it up seems a pity sometimes but life changes and we must flow with it.

These last two were my attempts to duplicate a quick sketch done by one of my best friends in high school, Cathy Michel. She whipped me up a sketch nearly identical to these in about 30 seconds. She was a truly gifted artist.

No comments: