A Trip In The Smoke

The harrowing weeks of choking smoke and horrific fires have finally eased. Thanks be to God for His mercy and kindness, and sending of the rain yesterday, it was so badly needed. Thank you Lord for answered prayers! Today I thought I'd share another trip I took to the 2nd hand shop. A few days ago, the smoke began thinning a bit and I was so housebound stir-crazy I had to get out of the house so off I went and this is the result.

This dog had so much charm I simply had to take him home with me. He heard me coming and tho asleep he immediately popped one eye open and cocked his ear. He knew I was coming to his rescue. I only wish I could find out more about his original owner. The best I could make out was McHay Stack Shack and the numbers 8214, unless it is 8 2/4 which could mean Aug 2, 2004?! I am stumped on this one. I couldn't find a thing on Foogle. Go figure! Still, I shall call him Peabody, for he seems so dignified, yet ready for adventure. I paid $1.99 for him, but think he is just priceless.

This book on creating quilts from old quilt tops caught my eye. While I am not an advocate of this type of quilting in general, I think there is a place for this type of quilt top salvage. Many old quilts have been fed to the cutter quilt craze and I would rather see them salvaged for the purpose they were meant for than made into cheesy vests, pillows, or stuffed animals. I was impressed with some of the quilts and their modifications, but not sure I could ever completely reconstruct the quilts as these ladies have done. However, the book will make a good addition to my library and make a nice reference book for my future projects. It was $3.99

Comments

Popular Posts