I Am With You Always (poem)

I have always enjoyed the, "Footprints Prayer" and felt inspired by it to write a poem. I hope that this poem gives you as much hope and encouragement as it has me. The Lord has promised in his word to never leave us or forsake us, and he has also told us that nothing can separate us from His love. 

Thank you so much dear Lord for being a God of your word. I gladly leave my life in your blessed hands, for you know what is best for me. You know every inch of my life's path. And I was marked with your love, before I was even born. In fact from the foundation of the world you saw me. Thank you Jesus for you precious blood, that saved me from my sins.

I want always for there to be just one set of footprints, for I am safer in the arms of Jesus.

 I Am With You Always

As in a dream I walked the seashore,
and the footprints I saw there.
Were my Lords and mine together,
for we traveled as a pair.
Because of it my heart was joyful,
and I didn’t have a care.
For the Lord walked there beside me,
and I spoke to Him in prayer.
Then my dream it turned to ashes,
and my heart was filled with grief.
I saw the shore on which we traveled,
turn to rugged rocky reef.
Then I saw one set of footprints,
it was then I thought I knew.
That the Lord had left me stranded,
and I knew not what to do.
So I cried out in my sorrow,
Lord come back to me I prayed.
I’d not have this broken heartache,
if You only would have stayed.
Then the voice of peaceful waters,
spoke unto my aching soul.
I am here my precious child,
and I long to make you whole.
Look in faith unto your Savior,
those are My footprints in the sands.
When life’s rough and hard to handle,
I have held you in my hands.
When you’ve stumbled and were broken,
I have carried you along.
So have faith and be encouraged,
you are weak, but I Am Strong.

Comments

Popular Posts