Presby Mansion Quilt Show and More

What a day I had yesterday! It went far beyond the simple day at a quilt show that I thought it was going to be. Let me tell you about it.
I had planned for over a month to go up to Goldendale, Washington to the, "Community Days", there, because I was invited up to the Presby Mansion for a quilt show. I had planned to go alone but at the last minute my hubby decided to come with me. We had quite a nice drive through the winding road up through High Prairie to the back side of the small town of Centerville. A lovely drive which I highly recommend.
As we were driving along my husband spotted a really awesome claw-foot bathtub on the side of the road, with a Free sign on it. We were in our car but we stopped, turned around and went back and took a look at it. It was in beautiful condition and I was all for returning to our house and getting the pickup truck and snagging it. He however convinced me to continue on our way, so on we went. I was a bit miffed, but resigned myself to the fact that tho I had always wanted a claw-foot tub, I was never going to get one. We returned to our travels and soon arrived at the quilt show. I had my camera so took a few shots of the show for your enjoyment. It was really well done and the Mansion is the perfect venue for a quilt show.
        My husband looking grand in front of the old Presby Mansion.
They had an old car show down Main street but I had left my camera in the car so don't have any shots of those. Soon after we walked through the car show it began to get hot so we decided to head back home. Would you believe it, we passed the spot where the tub had been and there it still sat on the side of the road as if taunting me. Since it was still early in the day, not yet noon, my good man agreed we should go back home, get the pickup, and get that tub. Yippy! We did, and it slid up into our truck with no trouble at all. The legs had been removed, but were there in a box, so now I have me a claw foot tub. YAY!!!
Now you might think that was enough excitement for one day, but nope, we picked up the tub then instead of returning back home with it, we took it with us, and went for a drive down the scariest road I have been on in ages. I sadly had left the camera at home so have no pictures of that ride, but I shall not soon forget it, it was truly a white knuckle affair. Me gripping the window sill of the pickup while looking down a canyon edge into space. We finally arrived at our destination, thankfully in one piece, and I was happy to just sit in the shade and chat with our friends.
We had not been there long when more guests arrived, who had come up to ride our friends horses and mules. I was asked to lead one of the mules, and the mule turned out to be a mule with attitude. As soon as I unhitched him from his post he deliberately stepped on my foot. I was fortunate in that I knew what to do, and pushed his lead back, so he stepped back off instead of leaning all of his weight on it. I am not much of a mule fan to begin with, as I have history with the animals, which is a story for another time. Suffice it to say, I came home with a sore foot, but still it was loads of fun, and the girls had such a good time riding I almost envied them.
Can you believe I had a full grown mule step on my foot and my two smallest toes? It had shoes on too! I suppose I should be grateful I don't bruise worth a bean. My niece Amanda was there and she came up to me afterwards, as she had seen the stupid mule step on me, and said, "Wow you took that well, you didn't cry out or even swear!" To tell you the truth swearing hadn't occurred to me, I was too busy trying to get the stupid beast off my foot. The actual first thing I thought was, "It better not have ruined my new tennis shoes!" Ha ha ha (It didn't.)


Comments

Popular Posts