A Place Of Peace

 On these cold winter days it is always nice to look back at those not so distant days of the past, when the sun shone forth on a lovely meadow full of flowers, and you could just breath the good clean air, bask in the beauty of it all, and thank the Lord for it and his many blessings. I was inspired by my memories of such happier times, to write a poem, and thought I would share it, along with pictures I took of those golden days. God is so good to us.

A Place of Peace

Flowers fill the meadow-wood, 
and down a winding path I find.
The mists of morning, pleasant good,
the softness of the sunlight, kind.
 
To wander here is like a dream,
as woodland meadow slowly wakes.
The pathway leads beside a stream,
a happy burbling song it makes. 

The sweet perfume of blossoms rare,
the burbling stream a perfect song.
It makes me feel Gods loving care,
and I just want to sing along.

So I give thanks to God above,
for such a blessing, as I should.
And praise him for his matchless love,
and for his peace there in the wood.

And as I go along life's way,
the beauty of that place I find.
Remained a blessing from that day,
which I have never left behind.

But took with me a gift of peace,
which God had given to my soul.
Now through my life I shall not cease,
to share his peace, it is my goal.
 
Purple, and a few rare white, grass-widow flowers I saw in an oak meadow-wood.
A winding path I found in a ferny mossy wood.
 
Another I found, leading along a burbling, tumbling, laughing stream.
Yet another, led me to these marsh merigold's in their lovely little stream.
Not far away among the tall grass, cascade penstemon's put on a pretty show.
Then wafting on the spring air, came the sweet perfume of a mock orange bush in full bloom.
Tucked among the shorter meadows grasses, I found some lovely spring violets.
Then a meadow with a profusion of white avalanche lily's filled my view.
Dotted along the verges were gooseberry bushes, decked out in full pink finery.
I had to go carefully, for tucked among the mosses were these sweet, enchanting, delicate, and tiny fairy slipper orchids. 
 
When I see the wonderful things God has made, it makes my heart full of rejoicing, that I can love and serve such a wonderful creator. Knowing that he cares to clothe the grasses of his fields with such beauty, and knowing he cares even more for me, brings my heart such joy and peace. I hope that this post has brought you a blessing, and that you can know how much God loves and cares for you too.
 
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes on him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Jesus Loves You!!!

 



Comments

Popular Posts