Before the Throne Of God

 I was reading Isaiah chapter 6 today and I couldn't help but go and compare his description of the throne of God with that of Johns in the book of Revelation chapter 22. Both descriptions are so wonderful and so full of Gods glory, that the writers were overwhelmed by what they saw. It came to me suddenly how precious is the grace given by our Lord, and how wonderful it will be when we are gathered there before the throne of God. What a time of great rejoicing that will be! I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!

I was inspired to write this song, and I hope it comforts you, and brings you joy in these difficult times.

Before the Throne of God

Oh that I might rest by the River of Life, 
beneath the shade of the life giving Tree. 
And there see Jesus my Savior and Lord, 
who gave his life freely for me.
 
Chorus: 
I believe there's a River of Life for me, 
and healing leaves from the life giving Tree. 
How I long for heaven my Savior to see, 
what a joy that will be for me.
 
Oh that I might drink of the River of Life, 
and taste of the fruit of the life giving Tree. 
And kneel at the feet of Jesus my Lord, 
and thank him for saving me. 
 
Chorus: I believe...
 
Oh that I might stand by the river of Life, 
in the shade of the beautiful life giving Tree. 
There united with those that I loved once again, 
it would be utter bliss for me. 
 
Chorus: I believe...




Comments

Popular Posts