I Walk With The Lord

There have been times in my life that I have been so discouraged, I didn't know how I could go on. But I have tried with all I have to just keep trusting in Jesus. I have known all my life that Jesus cared about me, tho Satan has tried to make me doubt it. Jesus knows every little thing about me and knowing that to be true brings me such comfort. He loves me no matter my ups or my downs, and he also knows that in my heart, I want to live for him more than anything. If you are going through a tough time, and feeling like Jesus doesn't care, know this that he not only does, he promises us to never leave us nor forsake us. I believe his promises are true. That nothing can separate us from the love of God, and no matter where we are he is there.

I was feeling rather discouraged just the other day, but today the Lord reminded me of so many things he has done for me, that I felt inspired to write this poem. I hope it helps you on your path in life today, and that you will remember the blessings God has given you and take courage. Just hang on for dear life and keep trusting in him, for I know he is with you too.

I've Walked With The Lord

I’ve walked with the Lord were the still waters lie, I have known such inner peace.
I’ve prayed with such joy that my heart overflowed, that I never wanted it to cease.
I’ve felt the rapture that the Lord only brings, to his children with an open heart.
I have known his love, and the joy of his grace, and the blessings he did impart.

I’ve walked through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, where sorrows marked my path.
I’ve lived with the pain of the worlds cruelty, and suffered its evil wrath.
Yet ever the words of the Lord are true, and with me he has always been.
So if ever I’m in trouble, sorrow or pain, I always call on his name again.

For the Lord’s walked the path, every step I’ve trod, he has felt every pain there too.
He knows what it’s like, to feel overwhelmed, for he’s been there like me and you.
This world full of sin and its sorrow He bore, and in the end thought it not a loss.
To die such a death as we’ve never done, hanging naked on a rugged cross.

Yet this man of sorrow, acquainted with grief, did not die and leave us there.
Tho we were sinners and deserved the cross, we weren’t left in darkest despair.
He took up his life and he rose from the grave, in heaven he ascended his throne.
So that every last sinner that believes on His name, he can claim as one of his own.

While I walk this earth, be it bad or good, I know that he is by my side.
And when the devil with his evil tries to break me down, I will ever in the Lord abide.
So through joy or sorrow in this earthly life, I shall ever with the Lord remain.
For by Gods grace that he has given me, a home in heaven I will someday gain.


Joshua 24:13 ...as for me and my house we will serve the LORD!

Comments

Popular Posts