More Birthday Finds At That 2nd Hand Shop

Just two days later my husband needed to go to town and get some things, so he dropped me off on my actual birthday to cruise that self same 2nd hand shop. (See, I told you I couldn't wait a year!)
I had found so many nice things there just a few days before but I thought, why not check it out again, ya never know what new things may be there?! I had a splendid time rummaging the isle's so here are my finds for that day.
Ha! Ha! I bet you thought it was apple's I found there! Nope, these are pictures of the apple's from my brother in-laws orchard. Well not the apple on the left. That is just a normal sized apple to give you a comparison. The Hanners Apple on the right is from his orchard. My husband brought me a bag of these delightful apple's, and my son made me a sheet cake pan full of apple crumble for my birthday.
Here is another picture showing two Hanners Apple's and the one in the middle being a normal sized apple. It only took two of the apple's to make the apple crumble and it was delicious. I always love to go to the orchard and see these hanging in the tree's. They really are hard to believe, the size is so crazy large. The largest one recorded by Guinness Book of World records was I believe 3.6 lbs. These aren't nearly that size, but they are big enough.
Here is actually what I did find at the shop and was delighted to find it. Tho it is a Chinese knock-off of a Pennsylvania oval wood box, I was still pleased to find it. Simply because it was large, well made, and only $2.99.
That and I wanted it in order to store the mugs in the next picture and it suited very well for that purpose. All the mugs and the delft photo frame, and my little delft pitcher from my last post, fit inside the box. This will be good storage until my new house is built.
This lovely stoneware pitcher just called my name when I first saw it, which was actually two days before when I was at the shop with my son. However, I had already picked out so many things I thought I should pass it up. The pitcher was $10, but the mugs were 99 cents each. The fun thing was, two of the mugs were marked $1.99 and two were marked 99 cents. The ladies at the counter decided to give me all of the mugs for 99 cents each. I was so happy. Discounts on my birthday woohoo!
When I saw the pitcher still sitting there two days later I couldn't resist it. Plus I had found the four precious blue mugs that I hadn't seen before. Tho they hadn't a mark, and hadn't been made to go with it, I thought they went very well with the pitcher, so happily snatched them all up.
Here is the mark upon the bottom of the pitcher. I don't recognize it, nor do I know anything about this particular pot, except I love the shape, size, and color.
To finish off my short rummage, I found this cute delft blue picture frame. I shall have to put a little picture of a Dutch girl in it, or something else of equal interest. Oh I do love a good rummage through a 2nd hand shop. Happy Birthday to me!
Oops! I nearly forgot this little gem which I found as I was heading for the door. The book isle's at the store always offer a good selection. I found this tucked in where the quilt books usually are and thought my son would enjoy it. He does like Star Wars, Star Trek, and Lord of the Rings collectables. The nice thing is I only paid a few dollars for it. When this was first published they wanted nearly fifteen. Ouch!

Comments

Popular Posts