A Couple Of Quick Goodwill Stops

Here's a few finds from a couple of quick stops at Goodwill. My son and I went in to try and find some winter sweaters and a possible coat for him, but no such luck. You would think beings this is cold winter country the stores around would be crammed with good selections of sweaters, hats, Long Johns, and the rest. Nope! They weren't. Their inventories looked like they had stocked up for Hawaii. Silly don't you think?! Which is why I think there weren't any in Goodwill either, because once you find and buy good winter clothes around here, no one gives them to charity, they just pass them down in their families as a cherished heirloom.
 Anyway, I laughed when I saw this hanging from a hook and thought it would go perfectly in my new studio. This title reminds me of Christmas shopping when I was a kid. I have six siblings, so you can imagine this phrase was a common one. Too funny!
Lucky me, remember when I found the blue version of this mug for my son, Andrew?! At the time I was hoping to find two, but since I didn't, I was then hoping I could find another in cream/white. I saw this hanging there and knew it was just for me. Both mugs were just $3.99 each, what a bargain.
 Here's a cute little tea cup that was a must have for 99 cents. I happen to already own the matching teapot to this cup. At the time I bought the teapot the cups weren't available. If I keep my eyes peeled maybe, just maybe Goodwill might get in more of these little darlings, until I have four. If I am especially lucky I might even find the saucers to go with them?! Here's hoping!
Awe, these tights. I was hoping I could use these as Long Johns but I simply don't know yet?! They looked like such a good deal at only $5.99, but since getting them home I have had issues. First they are made in China and they smell like industrial waste. Second I just attempted washing them in cold water in my machine as directed. One pair shrunk up to a very thin child's size and they both still stink. I shall have to see if soaking them in vinegar will help?!  Argh!!! Where did all the simple cotton Long Johns go?!
 Our next good find was this lovely reversible faux fur vest. It is very cuddly and warm, and just the thing I needed to wear under my coat for those colder than an ice-cube days we are having. At a mere $9.99, it was a keeper. I know what you are thinking. I thought you went in there to find things for you son for winter, and all you are finding it warm things for you! I would say, how observant you all are! To be truthful there was a lot of women's things, but the men's stuff was worn to doll rags. Don't feel badly for my son tho, because we went across the road to the big department store and did finally find his a good winter coat. It was a Carhart coat and cost me a nice $135. This is why I shop for everything else at Goodwill...ha ha ha...not really! I know that coat will wear like iron and was worth every penny. Good luck finding one of those in a Goodwill in wearable condition.
 Last but not least, as we were heading to the register, we stopped by the book isle's, and what should we find but these two delightful quilt books. You know I am a sucker for quilt books so into the cart they went. When I get home, I will be reading them in detail, snuggled under a soft comfy blanket, while sipping hot cocoa, made by my son. It is cold enough to give a person chilblains today. Brrrr!

Comments

Popular Posts