Cute Plaques And Wooden Shoes

Here's a few goodies from my latest stop off at my favorite 2nd hand store. From the practical to pure whimsical this store seems to have it all. Plus I've met some really nice folks in the isle's too. Life is good, the shop is coming along nicely, and I am feeling like hopefully spring is just around the corner. It was a balmy fifty five degree's today, with scudding misty clouds amidst peeks of bright sunlight. You can't ask for better than that. Besides we seem to be in eagle land. I counted nine bald eagles yesterday and two golden eagles. We have two bald eagles in our neighborhood that glide past the windows at eye level. It is fantastic!
 I don't usually go in for plaques you read, on the wall, but this one made by Michael Macone of Spooner Creek tile company, was so exceptional I thought it a must have. Not only is it beautifully done, but the saying is very sweet too. The added bonus is that Michael Macone is an artist from Washburn county, Wisconsin, so it is made in U.S.A. It also happens that my maternal grandpa's family came from Spooner, Washburn co., Wisconsin back around 1905 to Washington state. I thought it too coincidental, so had to buy it. Tho this tile was made back in 2010, Michael and his company are still going strong, which is really nice. If you want to see more of his work just Google his name and Spooner Creek. Some of his other art is amazing too.
This I found right after I found the above tile. It is a picture frame and so cute it had to go in my cart. Tho it is marked RUSS on the back I couldn't find one that looked like it. No matter, it hit all the right whimsical buttons so I had to have it. Don't you think it is sweet and cheery? I love the bumblebee, sunflowers, and sweet little hearts. The saying is true too, I do share smiles and laughter with my twin sister. In fact sometimes we laugh so much are sides ache. It is a good feeling.
Now for practical purposes I couldn't go wrong with this nice hook for over a door. In my shop I always have use for such things, be it for aprons, towels or what-have-you. I shall be putting it to use hopefully very soon, and in the mean time it will work in this little house too.
 I was just strolling past the nick knack isle when these cute tiny wooden shoes caught my eye. They are only about two inches long and so adorable. I'm thinking they will look sweet hanging on my Christmas tree next year.
As I turned to go I looked down on a lower shelf and what should be there but this other pair of wooden shoes. I was delighted! These are the first I have ever seen marked Danmark instead of Holland, and I am unsure as to the meaning?! Is it a misspelling of Denmark or just a company name? How puzzling. Still, I thought them very cute and they will be at home in my Dutch collection. Woo! Hoo!
Last, but certainly not least, I had to go pick out tile for my shop the other day. This is a product made by Armstrong that is supposed to be very durable as well as bright. Well who needs dull in an art studio? Not me! This colors name even made me laugh, it it is called, Bikini Blue. If you went swimming in a bikini around here, this is the color you would probably turn, and that in short order!
This is the second color I chose to go  with the blue. These are 12" x 12" linoleum squares that will be laid out in a check-board pattern. The green is as funny as the blue and is called, Kickin' Kiwi. I hope it inspires me to new heights of creative greatness. ha ha ha I can hardly wait!

Comments

Popular Posts