Here We Go Again 2nd Hand

I think I may have to change my blog name from Giric's Family Tales to Giric's Goodwill Finds, since I seem to have become addicted to 2nd hand shopping there. What was just a thing to keep me from going stir crazy in the winter, has I fear, become a full blown addiction. It doesn't help that I love watching video's of other 2nd hand shoppers. It just feeds the addiction...ha ha ha...
Oh well, who knew you could find so many cute and useful goodies?! Now if I could just find a resale venue that didn't want to scalp you alive for your items, I would consider joining the ranks of the resellers market. If you could only see all the stuff I've passed up...ha ha ha...
 This lovely little fishing trawler made by agiftcorp was just the thing to finish out my bathroom decor in my new shop. It now resides on the back of the loo, under my seashell cross-stitch, and balances out the whole look wonderfully. I couldn't find an exact match for this little beauty, but there are a lot of different boats out there for purchase online. I liked this one because it wasn't the usual sailboat but was a very detailed little trawler. I thought it well worth $4.99. For all of those folks I found out there advertising your little boats as, "Trollers", please take note. As nouns the difference between troller and trawler is that troller is one who fishes by trolling, while trawler is a fishing boat that uses a trawl net or dragnet to catch fish. My hubby is a salmon troller fisherman. He hangs a fishing pole, with line, hook, and bait, over the edge of his boat and moves his boat slowly forward dragging his fishing line behind as he goes. Troller rhymes with bowler, while trawler rhymes with holler.
 This Sorrento Signature mug was a real surprise. Since I began collecting them for my son I have found them very few and far between. I was happy as you can imagine to grab this beauty. I love the lavender color and it now gives me a set of four. I paid $2.99 and was happy to get it. You can buy these from Replacements Ltd. for $25.99. I like the price I paid much better.
 It's been a while since I found any quilt books, and these three are very good. They are chuck full of good quilts, good idea's, and jolly good fun. I hope to use them when my little shop is unpacked of all my household goodies...sigh...Tho the workers are busy, this house build just seems sometimes to last forever. I can't complain tho, since they only started on the 24th of June, and already the roof is on, the windows are in, the trex is on two decks out of three, half the siding is done, and we have good solid stairs to the second floor. This has been the best 40th wedding anniversary gift and I shall never forget it. My man is the best!


Comments

Popular Posts