Corningware And More

Sometimes in life there are difficulties. That proverbial fly in the ointment if you will. Mine this past couple of weeks was our internet service. Just when I was getting back into the blogger swing of things, it went on the blink. We had the repairman in finally and he has supposedly worked out the kinks, so here's hoping it's true. Onward and upwards, and on to the goodies.
 These first few items I picked up one day were not all that exciting, but just goes to show that you can find good deals without it always being fine art or antiques. I found these two lovely vintage cornflower pattern corning ware bread loaf pans and was really happy to find them. These sell online for $12-$15, which is still pretty reasonable. I paid $3.99 and $4.99 for these two, which just goes to show Goodwill has really screwy pricing. I didn't notice the price difference until I got home, which was rather agro, but it is my fault for not paying attention. At any rate I shall be happily making large loaves of homemade bread with these in my new home, when it is finally finished.
 Here is a sweet story by Jane Bergoli called, "The Goat Lady." If you are ever so lucky to have had a lady like this one near you or in your life, you are truly blessed. I had several in mine growing up, for which I am truly grateful. This book is now out of print but can be found on Amazon. It is a wonderful children's book, fit for reading aloud, or for young readers.
 Here is another lovely quilt book I found. I paid just half off the $3.99 sticker price, as it was the right color for the day. Paying just $1.99 for this wonderful book was a steal. It is chock full of wonderful quilts and idea's.
I don't do this type of knitting and felting, but the purses were so cool in this book, I thought maybe I could make some of them out of old boiled wool sweaters?! The book was only $2.99 and well worth it for all the interesting projects it had inside. Besides who could resist a book called Pursenality Plus?!
 Here is another cornflower patterned corningware piece with lid. This too had a good tag so was 50% off of the sticker price of $7.99. The $3.99 price was right up my alley. These aren't terribly expensive, selling online for $12-$25. I just buy those pieces in this pattern that suit my cooking needs, and GW seems to be a good source for them. However the prices have been going up on these at GW which I think is ridiculous.
 This was a fun find on the shelf. I don't often see stuff like this at our Goodwill. I couldn't find out much about Gelberg Braid Co., Inc., but it is obvious they are purveyors of fine braid. This pattern and color are called Citrus Argyle. I simply couldn't resist it and would have happily paid more than the .99 price tag. This will come in handy for one of my craft projects, I have no doubt.
 It was time to start getting some clothes for cooler weather and I was happy to find this lovely sweater. Prices on clothes have been steadily rising at our GW and I thought $7.99 a rather high price. Still, I didn't have to travel the distance into Portland so am glad I bought it. I can remember when clothes at GW like this one would have cost $1.99. I can only say they must love their inventory because no one is buying clothes by the cart loads anymore. When the poor can't afford clothes at GW then what?

Comments

Popular Posts