Ode To Dr. Seuss

 My latest sock creature has turned out to be a surprise, even to myself. I have made a Dr. Seuss like character, named Twizzle, and it has made me very happy. Dr. Seuss was one of my most favorite authors to read as a child, and to read to my children when they were growing up. I hope he makes you smile.

Here is a fellow that's got me a sizzle, he grew from my socks, (in a drawer), that went frizzle.
He's fuzzy and white, with a heart soft as butter, and once he was made, he gave mine quite a flutter.
I gave him a name, but he said he was Twizzle, a Tweffering Twiffer, no Feffering Fizzle.
 
He said all those socks in the drawer gave him snuffle's, so now he is happy to sit 'neath my truffle's.
Soon the Sock Monster's, learned not to fear him, but burst into laughter, each time they got near him.
They were not sure of this fellow named Twizzle, who used funny words, like Snodgaster and Snizzle.
What did it all mean, oh what could it be, a Twiffer, Twuff Twuffling a Twiffling Twee?!
 
He spoke in such riddles, his speech had no meaning, tho they thought at times, he too often preening.
No matter the question, he always would answer, a Twiffer is Twuff, to a Fiffle Fall Fancer.
They were not sure, if he should be loose, but put in a pen, like a silly old goose.
But Twizzle just smiled, for he was no goose, he knew they'd all know, if they'd met Dr. Seuss.


Comments

Popular Posts