For My Best Friend

I have a dear friend, who has been suffering through such sorrowful trials lately, that my heart aches for her. The Lord gave me a poem this morning, and I sent it to her, as an encouragement. I thought I would share it here too, for any and all of you, who may also be going through a rough time. This world is not an easy place to live in, and yet I have always found, that faith in Jesus, will always see me through.

This is what the Lord inspired me to write. I hope it blesses you too.

The Lord Is Ever My Lord

I have walked through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, where sorrow marked my path.
I have lived with the pain of the worlds cruelty, and suffered its evil wrath.
Yet ever the words of the Lord are true, and with me He has always been.
So if ever I’m in trouble, sorrow, or pain, I will call on His name again.

I have walked with the Lord were the still waters lie, I have known such inner peace.
I have prayed with such joy that my heart overflowed, that I never wanted it to cease.
I have felt the rapture that the Lord only brings, to His children with a pure heart.
I have known His love and the joy of His grace, and the miracle’s He did impart.

For the Lord’s walked the path, every step I have trod, He has felt every pain there too.
He knows what it's like to feel down in the dumps, for He’s been here like me and you.
This world with its pain and its sorrow He bore, in the end thought it not a loss.
To die such a fate as that terrible thing, hanging naked on a rugged cross.

Yet this man of sorrow acquainted with grief, did not leave us hanging there.
Tho we were sinners and deserved the cross, we weren’t left in darkest despair.
He took up his life and He rose from the grave, in heaven He was given a throne.
So that every last sinner that believes on His name, He can claim as one of His own.

So should I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I know that He is by my side.
And when the devil with his evil, tries to break me down, I will ever in the Lord abide.
So through joy or sorrow in this earthly life, I shall ever with the Lord remain.
For I live for that hope, that the Lord has revealed, and a home in heaven I’ll gain.

Comments

Popular Posts