Fossil Mercantile in Fossil, Oregon

As I mentioned in a earlier post, if you are ever in the vicinity of the small town of Fossil, Oregon, the Fossil Mercantile is a delightful must see. There are nice benches outside in the shade, the people are friendly, and the inside is a treasure house of quilts, and much more, just waiting to be explored. The hanging quilts certainly added to the appeal. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it so much if it were just those animal heads leering off the walls at me?! Still, I had such a nice time there it was hard for me to leave.
If you are not in the mood for quilts, there were fresh fruits and vegetable's and cold beverages to drink too. This was a lovely oasis in an otherwise very long hot drive.
As we were leaving the town we spotted this deer strolling along, and this long shed wall full of antlers. It seems that the deer are still plentiful in the town, even with this fellows collection. If you are offended by seeing these kinds of things, Fossil is not for you!

Comments

Popular Posts