Snow Crystals Quilt From Fossil Mecantile

Here is another delightful quilt that I found on our second journey down to the Fossil Mercantile. This quilt was hanging there just waiting for me. I had never seen a quilt in this pattern before, but it kind of reminded me of my seven sisters quilt, with all of the stars.
When I brought the quit home and started looking for the pattern I had a hard time finding it. I finally thought of Googling star quilts and the Kansas City Star newspaper, and low and behold the pattern came up as, "Snow Crystals." This pattern was designed by Eveline Foland in December of 1930 as a pretty pattern suited for Christmas. She was the block designer for the newspaper right after Ruby Short McKim. I thought it was well suited to my collection so purchased it. I hope I may make many more fun trips to Fossil, in hopes of finding more delightful quilts like this one.
Sixteen squares of scrappy quilt loveliness all bound up in sweet red strips and dark blue squares. It makes me smile to see this quilter use scraps of every kind. She just free-flowed her pieces all over the place. She just went with what she had and turned them into something fun and bright. Finishing it off with equally lovely scalloped quilting. This quilt would have felt so cozy on a snowy day, don't you think?!

Comments

Popular Posts