A Lovely Modern Quilt, Pottery, and More

Here once again are some lovely things I found at my favorite 2nd hand store. Some not only beautiful but useful too. I had been hoping to find a newer quilt for our bed, and as luck would have it I did.
This lovely king sized quilt was just the thing I was looking for, for our bed. Unfortunately it didn't have tags so I can't tell you much about it. It is 100% cotton and came with two large pillow shams and was just the thing to brighten up the room and make our sleeping so much better. At $29.99 I thought it a real deal. I just love the shades of green and burgundy in this quilt.
This lovely pottery bowl is by an artist by the name of Doug Hively, his last name is on the top rim of the bowl and a mark on the bottom.  The full name of this artist is Douglas Alan Hively and he once had a pottery studio in Monmouth, Oregon. He also lived in Dallas, & Independence, Oregon at one time, but retired to Green Valley & Tucson, Arizona. There I lost track of him, so don't know whether he is still doing pottery or not?! All I know is this is probably one of his Oregon works, and I thought it a fine bowl. I paid $2.99 which is a very low price for such a fine bowl.
 I can't say how long I have wanted a tea set like this one?! Suffice it to say I was delighted when I say this set and snatched it from the workers cart even before she could put it on the shelf. This pattern of pottery is called, "Leaves", and is by a very fine pottery company called Tenmoku out of Malaysia. They are still very much in business and you can still order this very 10 piece set from them for $70. I paid $14.99 and was happy to find the entire set intact will all of it pieces, including the sweet little tea caddy with its lid.
These lovely little bowls, made by Bruning Pottery Inc., were so sweet and went so well with the Tenmoku pottery, I couldn't resist them. I paid a bit higher price, $3.99 each, but felt they were well worth it. Bruning Pottery comes from a husband and wife team, Larry & Judy Bruning, out of Snohomish, Washington. Apparently they used to have a studio in Seattle but some years ago moved it to Snohomish, where they are still happily working away making fine pottery.
 If you are going to display fine pottery you may need a lovely scroll curled ebony/rosewood display stand like this one. I have no doubt this is Japanese or Chinese, and it looks like a more vintage style which is what I like. This is 8" x 6.5". I picked it up for $1.99 and ones like it this size sell for $40. I'd call that a good deal any day.
I will admit I fell in love with this cute little girl illustration the minute I saw it. When I got home tho I looked and looked on Foogle I couldn't find a thing. In desperation I took it out of its frame, only to find the lovely information on the back, because it was a card. The artist is Lisi Martin of Barcelona, in Catalonia, Spain. The title is called, "Dogwash", and was printed in Sweden in 1984. Lisi Martin was a Spanish artist and illustrator, which explains why I couldn't get Foogle to cough up a thing. With her name of course it found several pics but if you want one just like this the only place I found was a seller on ebay out of Russia. I paid $1.99 for the card in the frame and will be happy to put it up on my wall where I can see and admire it every day.
 I'm not a huge fan of hearts, but this cute metal wall art piece just struck my fancy, it was so cute. I thought it would go nicely with some of my other spring decor. Isn't is deliciously fun?!
 What is it about tiny little dolls that makes me want to adopt them?! I don't know, but this one just caught my eye and looked too cute for words. I did a bit of research with the help of my son, who found her information on the back side of her head. This is A Shopkins Shoppie doll, Polli Polish by name. Apparently you can still get these complete with all of their accessories on Amazon for $17.86 new in the package. I got her for $1.99, but of course she is missing some of her accoutrements and shoes. That's okay by me, I thought her shoes rather ugly.
Last but not least I picked up this wonderful book on Japanese Kumihimo Braiding. A craft I have wanted to try my hand at for some time. Hopefully this book will help me to learn this difficult looking craft. The book was $3.99 but if it helps me learn the half of what I have already seen in it, it will be well worth it. Oh the possibilities!

Comments

Popular Posts