Lladro, Pottery, and a bit of Holly Hobbie

What a while this has been, a regular whirlwind of events has taken place since I last blogged. Among others things my camera lens died, so I couldn't take any decent pictures of my finds. This was right when my sis was coming for a visit and we were traveling about the countryside enjoying the sunshine, wildlife, and scenery. On the bright side, it was a lovely visit and not entirely a bust because I just had to switch to a macro lens. However, it has been interesting to get used to this lens, as I haven't used it that much in the past, and all I can say is that so far it takes great pictures of field and farm, and tiny little flowers up close. But not really great pictures of my finds. Of course this may just be my learning curve and I can only hope it gets better with time. My camera is now too old to invest in a new basic lens so we shall have to...wait...there is a knock on the door...Yay! The new camera has arrived! I will have to wait for my son to do the unboxing tho, so maybe next time I will use the new camera?! On to the good finds.
When I saw this lovely piece of Lladro porcelain on the shelf at GW I was certain that it would be badly chipped or broken, and I wasn't going to even get it down. I am so glad that I did, because even tho I wasn't entirely wrong, its break was easily fixable and not in a place anyone could see. Her little clump of flowers in her hand, were being held on with a piece of tape, but none of her fingers were broken, and all of the rest of her was perfect. A tiny dot of super glue to hold her flowers back in place, and she was as good as new. I paid $10, not the $400 new out of the box price, which made me very happy. Lladro is a famous porcelain maker from Velencia, Spain, and I never thought I would own a piece of it, as it is far too expensive for my budget. But now I have this lovely figure called, "After School", by artist Salvador Debon, and I am quite delighted.
 My next find was this lovely hand thrown pottery bowl. It is about the size of a soup or cereal bowl, and is just radiant with color. Tho I tried, I could find nothing about it, and don't know exactly who the maker is?! Does it say Hilp, Hilo, Hilpen, or what?! I can't tell. At just $1.99 I wasn't going to pass it up.
 This was such a delicate beautifully done, hand thrown ceramic piece, I couldn't believe it when it didn't have so much as a single flaw. Its lines are fantastic, it's muted colors just delicious. I looked for KH but didn't have any luck finding out who this maker is. I couldn't believe the price of just $4.99, so into my cart it leaped as of its own volition.
This delightful little pottery pitcher will probably be used as a creamer by me. I loved its color and its style but was somewhat disappointed when I looked on the bottom and found no makers mark at all. Whoever made it certainly had talent and I am happy to have found it for just $2.99.
 
I stumbled upon all of these cute little wooden Holly Hobbie and friends plaques and simply couldn't resist them. These are all from the 1970's and so well done. The artist on these two signed her name Vickie. The top one was $1.99 the second $2.99.
These three are so adorable and I didn't care that the first was another of that same little girl holding her kitty. She and the little girl taking care of her dolly are just like my little shadow boxes I shared earlier. Completing the set is the sweet little girl in knee britches and a watering can. Too sweet for words. As you can see they only had the initials of their artist. CMR. What talent in mini cuteness.
The last two are by C Rhyne and were made in 1975. Don't they just want to make you smile? That little fellow playing marble's is so intent on playing his game and the little girl in bows and lace, is equally concerned about her dripping ice cream. Oh dear, I wonder if she can lick it down without dripping any on her dress?! She is sure smiling at the prospect of its deliciousness. These last ones were also, $2.99 each and well worth the pennies spent. Besides it was senior discount day so I got $3.90 off my total. ha ha ha I never thought I would ever be saying something like that!

Comments

Popular Posts