If Not For Jesus

 As I was posting the other poem, the Lord gave me this one. I hope it comforts you as it has me. For where would we all be without Jesus?!

 If Not For Jesus

If not for Gethsemane, where would I be?!
If not for His death upon the cross,
my soul would be forever lost.
If not for His rising from the tomb,
breaking sins chains of death and gloom.
Where would I be, dear Lord, where would I be?!

Lost and forsaken, forever without hope,
the world gone mad, with no way for me to cope.
No light to shine, each day upon my heart,
 just a dark and hopeless ending when I part.
No joy to have upon my weary way,
no love to keep me going day by day,
There would I be, there would I be, without you Lord.

I thank you Jesus, for Gethsemane,
I thank you Jesus, you died at Calvary.
I thank you Jesus, that you thought of me,
your grace has saved my soul and set my spirit free.
I thank you Jesus, you rose up from the tomb,
I thank you Jesus, you broke deaths chains of gloom
I thank you Jesus, because without you Lord,
There would be nothing left, but fire and sword.

I thank you Jesus, that you are always strong,
that in my weakness, you carry me along.
You give me shelter, and comfort from the blast,
and have promised to take me home at last.
I thank you Jesus, you promised to return,
for that day, with all my heart, I yearn.
I long to see your compassionate sweet face,
and feel your loving arms embrace.

This is my hope, This is my prayer, This is my song.

Comments

Popular Posts