Another Little Sheep Of Mine

Here I am again with another little sheep. I was in deep discussions with my sister about the last one and had to agree with her that it really did look more like a boy sheep, which is why I renamed my first sheep, Hammish. Since in this pasture the sheep are liberated, Hammish will keep the last name of Ewe. I then decided I had better make a nice girl sheep, even tho the process is rather time consuming. There are 22 little pieces to deal with and I almost stopped at one sheep because of it. You have 18 pieces of fabric, 2 pieces of felt, and 2 little round felt eyeballs. All of which must be carefully measured, cut, and sewn together. Not to mention stuffing. However, I couldn't leave Hammish in limbo all alone in the pasture, so thus was born a new sheep, which I named Beulah Ewe. A fitting companion for Hammish, if I do say so myself.
Here is sweet Beulah Ewe, she is a real scrappy sheep, and won't take much sitting down. She really had me in stitches most of this morning.

I had such small leftovers of my Mary Engelbright fabrics, that I had to find another type of fabric to complete her legs. Beulah was pretty jazzed about it, and helped me pick out just the right one.
 She is so sunny and delightful, seeing her hanging around cheers me up no end. Beulah loves flowers and can always be seen covered in them.
I just love my little sheep, and my sister does too. She thinks I should make a whole flock of them. I'm not so sure?! My fingers will have to recover first. Working with things this small got my fingers pricked by the needles. Yes, I did mean needles. This time to make things go faster I threaded up needles for each leg, the body, the ears, tail, and head. That way once I had sewn and stuffed them, I was able to quickly assemble the sheep and finish stitching it all together, without constantly re-threading, knotting, and clipping for each tiny piece.
Even from the back Beulah looks so cute, and I am very happy with how both of my sheep turned out. I even remembered to pre-mark the hooves this time. YAY!!!
Here is the whole gang, hanging out on a 8" x 10" sheet of paper, which gives you some idea as to their size. However their exact sizes are; the mice 3", the cat 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" and the sheep 5". Just the perfect size to hang on my Christmas tree.

So what shall I make next...a chicken...a cow...a pig?!   ...hmmm...

Comments

Popular Posts