Good Finds at Goodwill

This was a delightful stroll through the Goodwill, with just the right finds for just the right needs.
I even got my hubby to come in and give his opinion on some of the lights I found, with very positive results. I purchased them for our garage. This trip alone has saved us quite a few dollars, which is always good for the budget and always makes my hubby very happy.
I knew my visit was off to a good start when I found this lovely pottery lamp on the shelf for $3.99. I have been wanting to sort through my lamps and discard a few, and this one I thought would make a nice replacement or edition to my lamps. I like its nicely painted floral motif and overall shape. It is not overlarge which suits me as well.
I saved so much on the lights I felt this was worth the few dollars asked as well. I like Americana Christmas decor and this small metal wall bucket will do just fine. I can use it for Christmas cards or any number of other things. Maybe a Christmas Teddy bear?!
 Here's a delightful little vintage mug made in the 1970's by GHC, with artwork by Bruce E. Hart. This was one in a series called, "History of Ships." It included a Barquentine, a Clipper, and a Brigantine. I just needed one little mug for my bathroom and am happy I found this one. It will match my seashore paintings nicely.
This is light number one I found a few days back when I was in the store with my son Andrew. He spotted it along with the one below, still in its original box. This one was $2.99, such a bargain. This will be perfect for the top of my staircase, or even the kitchenet.
This one not only came in its original box, it still had all of its contents including the light bulb. It was $3.99. That's a price hard to beat! It will go perfectly in the entry to my staircase.
These are the coach lamps that I found a few days later while in the store, that I had my husband come take a look at. As a retired electrician he knows all things electrical, but as I used to help him wire houses, I too know what to look for when it comes to some things. These looked like just the ticket for putting on the garage, but since they would be where people could see them, I wanted to make sure he liked them. He did, and the rest they say is history. At $3.99 each he thought them a really good deal, a belief in which I completely concur. Thanks Goodwill for all of your bargains, it's a sweet thing when you can get light fixtures this cheap. It helps the building go forward apace indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts