Merry Christmas Everyone - Poem

Here's a short poem of my composition wishing you all a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone
by Lesa L. Hanners

Have a Merry Christmas, I hope you think of me,
my house is oh so little, I can't fit in a tree.
There is not a chimney, for Santa to come down,
there is not a drop of snow, just dirty muddy brown.
My snowflakes are of paper, the fireplace too is faux,
I sit here pondering, on my butt, I have no place to go.
The air outside is foggy, I can't see through the tree's,
Santa'd better stay away, I've got an awful sneeze.
Yet I am in good spirits, yes I am filled with cheer,
for I have lived another day, yes I have lived a year.
So I will count my blessings, and pray some come to you,
for all your loved ones everywhere, and all your family too!

I hear the sounds of hammering, far into the night, 
my shop is getting finished, and things are looking bright!
The tree's are all bedraggled, the air is full of fog, 
 but I have fun with Ky Ky, our builders lovely dog.
 Before you go, we did have snow, just not a very lot.
 It was a pinch less than an inch, but by it we were caught.
We could not go into the snow,
it's sure to make you smile. 
For we had lived in no-snow land,
for many years, a while.
I tell the truth before you all, 
before this poem expires.
We'd forgotten to put on,
all studded new snow tires.
HA! HA! HA!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!


Comments

Popular Posts