P. Janelle Painting And More

The other day I was feeling blue because I was getting over a cold. The skies were grey and it felt like they were hanging about my very shoulders. My hubby, Lord love him, took me along with him to the shops, just to cheer me up. Well all I can say is it worked! Here are a few delightful finds that will definitely cheer up my shop walls.
 Here is a fun oil painting by one P. Janelle. I could find very little about this artist when I Googled it. Some thought this person was European, most likely French. I did find several example's of other paintings by this artist. Whoever this is, I found the painting funky and simply delicious. I smile every time I look at it.
These two were found on Etsy and were said to be vintage from the 1980's. It was also the site that said the artist was from Europe.
These two were also found online and were clearly made by the same artist as the one that painted my painting. They wanted $290 for the last one shown. I know nothing about this artist, nor if they are European or not?! Whoever it is, I think they are a close follower of the famous artist Itzchak Tarkay, and paint very much in his style. Below are a few examples of his work and you will see what I mean.

As you can see, these pictures by Itzchak Tarkay really are similar. He was a famous Israeli artist who in spite of suffering the injustices of the nazi's, and spent his early years in a concentration camp, infused his art with bright colors, glamour, and a sense of fun.
 This hilarious piece I found next. I saw it from a distance down the isle and was so worried the folks in front of me would grab it. They didn't however and chose some drab lifeless looking piece I would have used as kindling. But hey, beauty in art is in the eye of the beholder, so I lucked out and got to take this home with me. The silly thing makes me want to laugh. I couldn't find anything like it online, nor anything about the artist, which I think is either, J. or H. Dunbar. Signatures on artwork are sometimes really difficult to figure out.
 It sure turned out to be a good day for art. This lovely watercolor I found next just made me think of lovely flowers in spring, so maybe winter won't stay so long?! These pictures I took don't do any of these paintings justice, and I wish the lighting in this little house wasn't so bad. As you can see this artist was Laila. Once again I could find nothing about this artist, but still will so enjoy it on my walls. Tho I am going to get it re-matted and framed, the present one's doing it no favors. I never retain pictures in acid mats, as it will eventually ruin them.
Since this was a short trip and I couldn't stay long, I made a quick look through the dishes isle as I had been wanting to find a couple of plates for those times when we need hard plates. We have been relegated to eating off paper plates for months now, as most of our belongings are still packed up. I so lucked out with this lovely flower patterned plate, actually there were two, so I happily added them into my cart. They will certainly cheer me up on a grey day. Tho I looked, and found many other colorful plates by this company, I wasn't able to find this exact floral pattern. That's okay tho, because I like funky and unique items and this will just do.
The happiest part of all, most of my finds were green tags and it was a green tag day, so I got them for 1/2 off. I bought everything for under $15. Woo! Hoo!

Comments

areias said…
There's a P. Janelle painting up for bid on hibid right now, ends in like an hour.

Popular Posts