What It's 2nd Hand?!

Yes, and a good price too!
 I couldn't leave behind this brighter than bright floral apron. At $2.99 it was a steal. Someone put in a lot of effort on this piece and it shows. I love the black machine feather stitch. It really sets off the piece.
I needed some more of these camisole's so today's 50% off color tag to find was purple. I averaged about $2 a piece for these, which is a nice savings.
 I didn't expect it, but I also found these two books with purple tags too, so paid just $1.49 each, which I guess made it my lucky day. GW is usually very good at removing most of the sale color tag items from the store, before changing the color for the week. A sneaky trick I have witnessed them doing on several occasions. The first book on Two-Hour Vests had some good idea's, but made me laugh, because I am here to tell you that no decent seamstress worth her salts would ever try to bang out a vest in two hours. Don't get me wrong, I could do it, but I wouldn't promise you it would be worth wearing. Quality isn't about speed but about details, and there is no use rushing that! I guess I just don't understand why anyone would limit themselves to just two hours to get something like this done?! Is this book for those people who can't properly manage their time, or have achieved the lifetime procrastinators award?! Maybe the author just needed a catchy title, who knows?! The other two books were just chock full of fun idea's, so I was happy to add them to my growing book collection. You can never have too many fun and funky project books and that's a fact!
This last book I bought for my son as I thought it looked like fun. I used to fold dollars bills into rings for my fingers when I was a kid, so this looked very amusing. I paid a little more, but still just $2.99. You can buy these used on Amazon starting at $5, so I guess I didn't get took.

Comments

Popular Posts