Tiles, Trivets, Blue-ware, And More

Here's another adventure in thrifting, I got before the snow was too deep. Tho I had another adventure even in the deep snow. Thank goodness for the ol' trusty reliable pickup truck. It went through the snow like butter, and took me to my favorite 2nd hand store slick as could be. Hmmm maybe I shouldn't word it exactly like that, considering the road conditions?! ha ha ha ...I'll leave that adventure for another posting.
This is a lovely 6"x 6" Pueblo Indian tile made by Gale Tuoti of Tucson, Arizona. It was made in 1990 and marketed through Earthtones, a company that marketed designer tiles from well-known Southwestern artists. The tile is kiln fired and hand glazed, and this picture does it no justice. My camera simply does not like the lighting in my house.
This lovely Dutch scenery 6"x6" tile is actually made in USA. I couldn't find much about it and the label is so torn on the back as to be unreadable. I do wish my camera hadn't insisted on blurring the image, it is much prettier than the picture. This tile is set into a very sturdy wooden trivet, which will make it so handy for my Dutch kitchen. The nicest thing is, it was half off and they had already marked it down, so I got it for $1. Ya can't beat that!
These two lovely 6"x6" tiles set into solid wood trivets, are marked Piemme, Made In Italy. I could find little about them, but thought they would go well with my decor, and at $3.99 each, I thought, how could I go wrong?! So into my cart they went.
These two glass plates had no markings of any kind. I didn't mind, and thought why not?! They have a nice swirl to them and at $1, they were the right price for eating on or just for display. We shall see.
 I couldn't pass up these 4 dinner sized plates from HD Designs. They are so pretty and chip and nick free. They were all rubber banded together and the tag said $7.99, luckily for me it was a yellow tag day and they had a yellow tag. The gal at the counter couldn't believe it either and looked them all over trying to find tags. In the end she rang them up at $3.99. Woo hoo what a score! These on Replacements Limited sell for $28 a piece. Not that I shall sell them mind you.
This silly footed plate had me really stumped for a while. Foogle didn't want to find it for me. Well it helps if you know what the silly thing really is. It isn't just a plate, but a base for an old soup tureen. You learn something new every day.
I stumbled across this picture on the inter-web and my questions were solved. Well not all of my questions, because I still don't know what they sell for?! The base plate was just $1.99 with a yellow tag, so at $1 I thought it very pretty, so into the cart it went to join my other goodies. Like my friend Jocelyn Elizabeth says, grab it while you can! ha ha ha
 
As it happens my next selection was this China Blue Fine Porcelain Exclusively for Seymour Mann, Seymour Mann Inc. Pitcher. Now I'm sure my friend will say, WHAT! I've told you those things aren't worth squat! She is right of course, this is not old, but I liked it and I got it cheap, so went for it. I plunked it down on the soup tureen base plate and snapped its picture. It looked nice, so I may just display both of them that way, who knows?!
For what it  is worth here is the label to the pitcher above. I don't know what got into my camera, but it was just refusing to function properly. I think it could have been the light reflected through the window from all the sun on the snow?! Whatever it was, it kept acting up. ARGH!
I was on a roll for tiles, trivets and blue-ware that day I guess, and when I saw this I had to have it. I'm not even sure exactly how I will use this, whether just as decor, or maybe for spaghetti noodles in my kitchen the thing is so tall. The fact that it is lidded just makes it all the nicer. I don't think it is old at all, and as it is unmarked, that doesn't help. However the porcelain looks and feels like a modern piece.
This dratted mirror or I should say, once again my dratted camera, refused this time to focus on the mirror and instead kept focusing on the picture on my wall. You get the general idea tho. The mirror is wicker in a lovely shade of pale blue. It is going to hang in my bathroom in my shop hopefully. I am almost done with the painting, and light fixtures go up next. YAY! By the way this was $5.99, 1/2 off of $9.99. Oh I do love it when the tags match.
I actually bought two of these shell covered throw pillows. As you can see there are shells missing. I saw the tags were regular tags, (and not As Is), so showed the guy at the counter, hoping to get more of a discount. Lucky me, they were tagged at $6.99, but the fellow gave them to me at $4.99 a piece. This made my day, because I plan on removing the shells from one pillow, fixing the other, and keeping part of the shells for myself, and giving the rest to my sister to use in her earrings and jewelry making. I may sew bright ribbon strips, or all kinds of old buttons, on the other pillow to hide where the stitching of the shells were, and thus still have two nice decorative pillows. A nice project for those cold snowy days when you can't do anything else I think.

Comments

Popular Posts