2nd Hand Shopping Again

I have been having such fun this week, the house is rapidly taking shape, the garage is almost finished being painted, and things are humming right along. On top of it all I was able to take a few hours and visit my favorite 2nd hand store. I found a few useful things and was pretty happy with things overall. As much as I would like everything to be cheaper than a yard sale, I am not always able to find things priced as low as that. But hey, the things I did get were still less than full retail, so I am not complaining.
One of the very first things I happened across were these very nice porcelain tile coasters of sea creatures, in this sweet little box. The sea creatures on them just happened to be among my favorites and the colors were perfect. I paid $4.99 and these sell online from $9.99 - $24.99. They are in very excellent condition and their cork backs are still clean and like new. So overall I thought them worth the price.
 This handy mini-easel is what I spied next and I was quick to snatch it up. It will be very useful in my shop for small painting projects or for just holding a small picture. You can still get these online from $12.49 - $19.99 and I paid only $3.99. A very practical price indeed.
 Next I spied this lovely tole painted round wood piece. I do love pears, grapes, and strawberries, especially when they are very well executed. See the easel came in handy already. The tole painted fruit were a mere $1.99. I only wish the artist had signed their work. I am thinking I may drill a few small holes at the top so I can suspend it by a cord, and hang it on the wall.
Little dollies are so cute, and this one is like another I bought a while back. She was only .99 so into the cart she popped. I am going to be busy very soon making doll clothes it seems, if I keep buying these poor unclothed beauties. If she had all of her goodies she would cost $10 - $15, so I think she is worth the effort.
I couldn't pass up this lovely cross stitch now could I?! It had such a lovely quilt on it, with a Dresden Plate pattern, with quilting in progress, to say nothing of that lovely pink trimmed straw sunbonnet. The baskets and the fence post with just a hint of wire, with all those lovely wildflowers, it was too pretty to leave behind. I thought it a little high at $7.99, but it was nicely framed under glass, so I decided to take it.
 You might think I buy every cross stitch I see, but this is not the case. I try to be very selective and they must tick my cute button or they are a no go. This particular cross stitch was hitting all the right buttons so I had to have it. It was $6.99 and also well matted and framed so into my cart it went to join its friends. I had the thought, if I don't like it framed, I can combine it with the Country Fair cross stitch I bought a while ago and make a nice quilt of them. hmmm...We shall have to see.
For some time now I have been in need of a new purse. Not because my old one is worn out, but because the thing puts too much of a strain on my neck and shoulder. When I spotted this lovely Laura Ashley purse, I thought it just the thing. Since I'm no fashion maven I don't care all that much about name brand purses, but I know that Laura Ashley's purses are very well made and this one was just the style I needed, so I was happy to pay $9.99.
$9.99 seems to be the go to price for GW on purses. This purse was also that price, tho it had no tag, was clearly a knockoff of some other designer purse. It wasn't quite as well made, the zippers weren't quite as nice, the zipper tabs were not painted. Still, it was sturdy enough and I think it will work well for those trips when I am not needing something so fancy. All in all this trip to the 2nd hand store was pretty rewarding, if not jumping up and down with glee delightful.

Comments

Popular Posts