Another Goodwill Visit

Here we go again with another quick stop at the Goodwill. If I didn't know better I would say this is becoming a habit. ha ha ha At any rate, I do seem to keep finding some nice little goodies, so here they are for you to enjoy.
 Now who could resist this adorable ceramic birdhouse with the cherry roof and cherry motifs?! I for one couldn't, even if it isn't that old of a piece. Cute is cute and this darling little thing was without chip or crack. At $3.99 I thought it too sweet to pass up.
Next up is this lovely Italian ceramic tile of a female fishmonger. I thought it appropriate as I am married to the fishingous fellow you could ever like to meet. It's a wonder I haven't become a fishmonger myself. It too was only $3.99 and I thought it simply too fun to pass up. I wish I could tell you more about this tile but there were no markings on the back and I couldn't find one on Foogle either. I am guessing she is Italian simply because this tile looks very similar to ones I have found that were Italian. It is a very heavy tile 8" x 8" and over 1/2 " thick.
 This touch of the Irish, Kerry Glass, hand blown glass paperweight, made in Ireland caught my eye and it so appealed to the Irish in me I had to have it. The green swirls hark back to the green fields of Ireland where the Irish lads and lasses dance the Irish jig. It was $2.99 and was a true Irish bargain.
 Now truth be told I am not a cat lover, as they cause me to sneeze and sneeze from allergies, but when this kitty cross-stitch crossed my path I thought it simply adorable. The colors are very vivid and whoever did this really was a talent. The kitties seem to leap off the cloth and this picture does it no justice. It is nice to have a picture like this, but in truth I do not believe I should approve of kitties gambling about in my bookcases. The inkwell looks as if it could go tipping, and the books take sudden flight. Then what a mess for the mistress of the house to clean up, for you know it would be her chore to do. A mere $3.99 and the kitties were mine.
 This poor rustic milkmaid angel doll I just had to rescue, it carried such a plank of wood on its back that it made me hurt just to look at it. It was only $2.99 and I simply could not leave it sitting on the shelf like that. So I took it into my cart to help relieve its burden.
 She is otherwise such a sweet doll, the minute I got her home I removed that heavy plank of wings on her back and threw them away. I could swear I heard her give a sigh of relief. Not only were they ugly they were down right embarrassing. She had to carry these ugly plank wings which said, "This House Is Udder Chaos." The nerve of the idiots. It's enough to have to milk cows everyday without being humiliated on top of it. What were they thinking?! Have they ever had to even try to milk a cow?! It is no joking matter. I milked cows all through my middle school years and even tho I didn't hate the job, it was a lot of hard work and left me always smelling like the dairy. Milkmaids deserve respect not ridicule, so those ugly wings had to go.
I took these pictures before I gave her a bath and will be bringing you another blog of her which has turned into a project. She did well enough getting a bath but her stuffing when sadly nasty and I had to remove all of it. I saw this as an opportunity to give her a bit of editing as well as a sprucing up. Since she is a commercial doll and not someone's handmade darling, I felt it only right to give her a good overhaul. Besides the wings, the other thing I removed was that nasty bunch of raffia crammed in her hat. When I am through I believe she will be one very happy and contented milkmaid. Hopefully she will reside in my shop or my house for many years to come.

Comments

Popular Posts