A Swift Visit To Goodwill

Here I go again, trying to get caught up on my GW posts. I am delighted to relay the news that the new house has finally commenced. In fact it was too hilarious, because the day after the foundation hole was dug I happened to ask my cousin, what day is it? He said, "The 25th of June." I said, "What?!  Yesterday was our 40th wedding anniversary and I completely forgot about it!" So had everyone else apparently! ha ha ha So now I can mark my new house build by my 40th anniversary. I guess that was the best present ever! ...Now on to the goodies...
This lovely 7.5" Traditional Iznik Turkish Ceramic Art Tile was so lovely and well executed I couldn't resist it. I wish you could really see just how bold and beautiful the glazes are. I also wish I knew more about this type of tile, but I couldn't find an exact tile on Foogle like it. I paid $2.99 and similar ones I saw, that were far less intricate, and not in this shape or pattern, but made by this same company, were selling for about $20. The flowers are Turkish Tulips, but I am not sure about the birds?! They could be Bird of Paradise, Pheasants, or even Phoenix's. I do not know enough about Turkish art to know for certain their identity. If anyone knows please leave a comment. I just thought it very beautiful indeed and it will go well with the decor in my home, which will be, "The world in art."
 I had already found a tile trivet nearly identical to this one at GW before, and have posted it some time ago. I couldn't leave it on the shelf because I love all things Dutch Windmills, even if this tile trivet was actually made in USA and isn't Delft from the Netherlands. I picked it up with a $2.99 purple tag, and since it was purple tag matching day I got it 50% off, so only paid $1.49. These sell for $9.99 if just a tile, and $19.99 if they are in the wooden frame as a trivet like mine on the internet.
Who could resist this cute as a bugs ear Shoppie Shopkins Groovy Smoothie Truck?! It was the perfect display vehicle for my little Shoppie Shopkins Dolls and their friend. I had such fun cleaning it up, as it wasn't very dirty at all. It is missing a few parts but still was so cute and perfectly functional, I had to have it. Sitting on a shelf its bright colors really cheer up a room. I paid $1.99 but you can still purchase these at some stores for $19.99. ...There the three go, off to sell smoothie's at the beach or just play in the sand...
I have added another Monster High Doll to my rapidly growing collection. This one is called Ghoulia. I meant to take pictures of her before I cleaned her all up and fixed her ratty hair, but got too busy and forgot. I do love how her hair turned right back to its original silky smoothness with hardly any effort at all. If you look closely you will notice she has a hand on her left, that is not the right color to be her hand. This was because she didn't have a left hand when I picked her up. I hunted around on the shelf and found a loose hand and popped it on her, only to realize when I got her home that the hand I had found was not hers. On top of that it was another right hand. So poor Ghoulia has someone elses body part and two right hands. I've heard of someone having two left feet but this is ridiculous. Research revealed that there is an aftermarket for Monster High Doll body parts which I was completely unaware of. Apparently you can get five dollars a piece for just a head. Now that is ghoulish. This causes some folks to lose their sense of rightness and five finger discount the doll parts at GW. This is so sad. I paid $2.99 for Ghoulia and she sells fully clothed on ebay for $19.99. The blue shoes were part of my own shoe collection, and not on her when I bought her. Now I just need to find, or make her, some cool clothes. Ghoulia reminds me of Natasha Fatale from the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.

Comments

Popular Posts